Bellair Charters / Airporter Shuttle
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the scheduling of all vehicles and drivers in the Ferndale office. This includes vehicle allocation for Airporters, Charters, and North County Feeder service, as well as scheduling drivers for each type of service. This position will be required to maintain frequent communication with dispatch, drivers, and the shop in order to be successful in this position. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for knowing the disposition, location, and status of all company vehicles at all times.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate the allocation of vehicles to each Airporter run and scheduled Charters.
- Schedule drivers based upon their availability and requested PTO with consideration of the needs of the business.
- Effectively communicate and negotiate with drivers and managers in relation to the schedule in order to cover all available shifts.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with drivers, dispatchers, and managers involved in scheduling responsibilities.
- Think logically through issues and apply effective problem-solving techniques.
- Prepare daily vehicle assignments and distribute schedule in a timely manner.
- Must be okay with changes, as changes occur frequently and consistently through out the day that will affect schedules and plans.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check after offer of employment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: Associates degree preferred
Experience: One to two years in logistics, transportation, scheduling, or related area
Computer Skills: Advanced typing and computer skills required. Microsoft Office suite experience required. Experience with a Mac system is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to lift at least 20 pounds.
This job operates in a professional, open office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.