Bellair Charters & Airporter Shuttle
Are you super organized with extraordinary communication skills? Do you see the possible when faced with the impossible? If so, apply those skills in the role of a Dispatcher at Bellair Charters & Airporter Shuttle. As a Dispatcher you will be in the heart of the action where no two days are the same.
In this role, you’ll be the conduit for distributing constantly flowing information as quickly and accurately as possible to our drivers, guests and company decision-makers. This position is fast-paced and relies on a Dispatcher’s multi-tasking and prioritizing skills to keep things running smoothly each day. You’ll be responsible for knowing the disposition, location and status of all company vehicles at all times – at least 30 vehicles are out on the roads at any given time – maintaining communication with drivers, problem-solving breakdowns, meeting customer needs and much more. Just when you think you’ve seen it all, you’ll have a new opportunity to resolve!
If you thrive creating calm out of a little bit of chaos, then the position of Dispatcher may be the perfect role for you!
Wage starts at $15.25 per hour with increases as you develop your skills as a Dispatcher!
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to think logically through issues and apply effective problem-solving techniques.
- Demonstrate fast communication skills with the ability to make wise, sound decisions while under pressure.
- Ability to work independently, while being a part of a bigger team.
- Maintain composure and professionalism in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Demonstrate flexibility while being able to manage a complex work setting.
- Attention to detail while constantly multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Take direction well and respond to feedback.
- Ability to navigate computer programs competently as well as type proficiently.
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time and remain mentally alert.
- Reliable and looking for long term employment.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn about our company.
- Dispatch drivers, equipment, and vehicles to appropriate locations according to passenger and company needs, using radios or telephones.
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from supervisors and passengers to drivers using telephones or two-way radios.
- Receive and prepare Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Monitor personnel or equipment locations and utilization to coordinate service and schedules.
- Advise drivers about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards.
- Assist reservation agents with passenger questions and requests.
- Take and track Baggage Delivery Orders (BDO’s).
- Perform various administrative tasks in the computer including passenger tracking, arrival and departure times, vehicle / driver assignment, accounting reconciliation and other duties as assigned.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally at all times with internal and external customers.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Six months to one year related experience
Computer Skills: Must be competent on computers and have the ability to learn new programs quickly and efficiently
Certificates & Licenses: NA
Other Requirements: Previous Dispatching experience preferred.
The ability to lift up to 20 pounds. Type, sit, and stand for extended periods of time.
Other Physical Requirements: Vision (Near) and Sense of Sound (Must be able to hear on phones, radios and in person.)
Dispatchers work in a small, open office environment. Noise and other distractions are common and Dispatchers must have the ability to focus under distracting conditions.