Bellair Charters & Airporter Shuttle is a company that provides exceptional transportation experiences each and every day. The Payroll & Benefits Manager facilitates the biweekly payroll, administration of benefits, and year-end process for our employees throughout our organization. The Payroll & Benefits Manager is responsible for accurate and timely payroll and reporting, as well as maintaining compliance with DOT regulations, including but not limited to, drug testing policies and procedures.
The Payroll & Benefits Manager will be required to use excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work at a fast pace with multiple competing demands.
This position is a full time, salaried, exempt position. Working hours will be primarily during normal office hours, Monday through Friday 8am-5pm however; it may include occasional evening or weekend work.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ensure that payroll processing is completed on time for the two divisions of Wickkiser, International.
· Administer benefits plans, including medical, dental and vision. Address employee benefit-related questions in a timely manner.
· Administer Bellair’s drug testing programs and maintain compliance with both DOT and non-DOT regulations. This includes meeting quarterly deadlines for random drug testing, coordinating new hire drug testing with Human Resources as well as updating information online through a third-party website.
· Maintain and update contract with supplier of radios, tablets and Smart phones and assign these devices to staff as necessary.
· Strategic planning, developing, and executing policies and procedures while ensuring legal compliance and adherence to all State and Federal law.
· In partnership with Human Resources, maintain employee files and ensure compliance.
· Serve as a trusted strategic advisor to management by developing strong, proactive, and collaborative working relationships to drive strong strategic business decisions.
· Promote a positive working environment.
· Provide ongoing support for employees.
· Investigate and correct, if necessary, employee payroll questions and concerns.
· Strong business acumen in order to fully comprehend the organization’s strategy and provide the effective partnership to ensure its implementation.
· Must exercise confidentiality, professionalism and high level of ethics.
· Demonstrate the ability to drive change and manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment.
· Project and team management abilities.
· Problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making and negotiating skills.
· Build relationships with internal business partners and rapport with all employees.
· Strong leadership qualities, consultative, and customer service competencies.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field desired
Relevant experience in related field required
Microsoft Office Suite
Previous use of Payroll Processing programs
Mac based operating systems desirable but not essential
The ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Type, sit, and stand for extended periods of time.
Complete a drug screen and a background check as part of the employment process.
This position will work in an indoor, open office environment
Environment can prove to be noisy at times and successful candidates should be able to “tune out” some of the surrounding noise and distractions while simultaneously focusing on the priority at hand.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions may be assigned by your supervisor as deemed appropriate.