Bellair Charters & Airporter
Bellair Charters / Airporter Shuttle has an exciting opportunity in our Yakima office! The Yakima Site Manager is responsible for the effective supervision of all aspects of the Yakima CWA location. These duties include, but are not limited to: employee training, coaching and evaluation, administration tasks, driving airporter runs, record-keeping and strategic planning to meet company objectives. This position must enjoy and look forward to a variety of duties and have the ability to promote a positive, can-do company culture. This position will drive two days per week with three days per week dedicated to administrative duties.
The Yakima Site Manager must be a servant leader that offers support and encouragement to staff including drivers, mechanics, detailers and office staff and can convey clear expectations and company policies. This position will provide guidance and disciplinary action as needed to ensure a prosperous work environment and hold employees to our company’s clear expectations. This position will enjoy a flexible schedule with varied hours in order to provide interaction with all drivers.
SALARY: $45,000 to $55,000 per year DOE
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have excellent internal & external customer service skills and model these skills to subordinate staff
- Must be an effective team leader and able to work well with diverse personalities
- Must be logic driven with the ability to evaluate, plan and implement solutions that improve service to customers and the profitability of the company
- Must be willing to lead by example
- Must have excellent communication skills for coaching and retraining
- Must be able to conduct specialized training for vehicles including ADA wheelchair lift operations and training on a variety of bus transmissions as well as regularly reviewing driving skills of drivers
- Will play an integral role in hiring decisions
- Must stay current with CDL requirements and be able to successfully complete annual testing to comply with company standards
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and background check prior to commencement of employment
- College graduate or equivalent leadership experience
- Interest in the transportation industry
- CDL Class “A” or “B” with Passenger endorsement or military equivalent or willingness to obtain
- Current DOT medical certification
- Good safety record and driving abstract
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
Ability to sit constantly and lift, push, and pull 50-100 pounds occasionally
Other Physical Requirements: vision and sense of sound (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, and Depth Perception) as per DOT physical requirements
Active Listening – ability to attend to and understand the comments and questions of others Computer knowledge – must work well with computer systems and have an aptitude for learning new programs. MS Office is a must Management skills – ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others Organization – recognize the importance of record-keeping and recognizing how to prioritize task completion Safety Awareness – ability to identify and correct conditions that affect safety of others Team Builder – ability to convince staff to work toward common goals